Level | Healthy Cholesterol : Claims & References
Many of these herbs and natural ingredients have been proven to support healthy cholesterol.
- In studies, liquid extracts of the roots and leaves of artichokes have shown tu support healthy cholesterol levels
- Chitosan -- a dietary fiber derived from a combination of sugar and protein from shellfish -- has been shown to be beneficial for supporting healthy cholesterol levels
- Garlic has long been recognized for its benefits in supporting cardiovascular health,
- Red yeast rice has been shown to support a healthy heart in a number of ways
- Grapefruit pectin has been shown to support healthy cholesterol levels
- Studies have shown gugulipid has been shown tu support healthy cholesterol
- Beta-sitosterol is a plant-derived sterol compound has been shown to support healthy cholesterol levels
- There is vast scientific evidence to support the effect of milk thistle in supporting a healthy liver
- Policosanol has been shown tu support healthy cholesterol levels
- Vitamin B12 works closely with folic acid to support healthy DNA synthesis, blood cell formation, nervous system maintenance and heart health.30, 31, 32, 33
- Gebhardt R. Inhibition of cholesterol biosynthesis in primary cultured rat hepatocytes of artichoke (cynara scolymus L.) extracts. J Pharm & Exp Ther, 1998, Vol 286 (3): 1122-286.
- Ormrod DJ, Holmes CC, Miller TE. Dietary chitosan..., 1998 June, 138 (2): 329-34.
- Wuolijoki E, Hirvela T, Ylitalo P. .... microcrystalline chitosan. Methods Find Exp Clin. 199 June 21 (5): 357-61.
- Arora RC, Arora S, Nigam P. Rationale of garlic use in ... Mater Med Pol. 1985 Jan-Mar, 17 (1): 48-50.
- Fogarty M. Garlic's potential role in .... Br J Clin Pract. 1993 Mar-Apr, 47 (2): 64-5.
- Randerson K. Cardiology update: Garlic and the healthy hearth. Nurs Stand. 1993 Apr 14-20, 7 (30): 51.
- Silagy C, Neil A. Garlic .... JR Coll Physicians Lond 1994, 28: 39-45.
- Warshafsky S, Kamer RS, Sivak SL. Effect of garlic on total ...: A meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med 1993, 119: 599-605.
- Stevinson C, Pittler MH, Ernst E. Garlic for ...: A meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Ann Intern Med 2000, 133: 420-9.
- Heber D, et al. ... effects of a proprietary Chinese red-yeast-rice dietary supplement. Am J Clin Nutr 1999, 69: 231-6.
- Wang J, Lu An, Chi J. Multicenter clinical trial of the... effects of a monoascus purpureus (red yeast) rice preparation from traditional Chinese medicine. Cur Ther Res 1997, 58: 964-78.
- MedServ Medical News. Dietary (Accessed 2 August 2000. Am Heart Assn. Am Heart Assn meeting report: Chinese condiment...
- Badmaev V, Majeed M, Conte AA. Garcinia cambogia for weight loss. JAMA. 1999 Jul 21, 282 (3): 233-4.
- Greenfield D, Nunez C. Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 1998 Nov 11, 280 (18): 1596-600.
- Veldman FJ, nair CH, Vorster HH, et al. Dietary pectin influences fibrin network structure in ... Throm Res 1997, 86 (3):183-96.
- Cerda JJ, Robbins FL, Burgin CW, et al. The effects of grapefruit pectin on ..... 1988,11 (9): 589-94.
- Hillman LC, Peters SG, Fisher CA, et al. The effects of the fiber components pectin, cellulose and ignin...s. Am J Clin Nutri 1985, 42 (2): 207-13.
- Nityanand S, Srivastava JS, Asthana OP. Clinical trials with gugulipd: A new...... J Assoc Phys India1989, 37(5): 323-8.
- Briones ER, Steiger D, Palumbo PJ, Kottke BA. Mayo Clin Proc1984 Apr, 59 (4): 251-7.
- Jones PJ, Ntanios FY, Raeini-Sarjaz M, Vanstone CA. Am J Clin Nutr 1999 Jun, 69 (6): 1144-50.
- Parsons HG, Jamal R, Baylis B, Dias VC, Roncari D. A marked and sustained reduction in ... Clin Invest Med 1995 Oct, 18 (5): 389-400.
- Law M. Plant Sterol and stanol margarines and health. BMJ 2000, 320: 861-864.
- Flora K, Hahn M, Rosen H, Benner K. Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) for..... Am J Gastroenterol 1998 Feb, 93 (2): 139-43.
- Luper S. A review of plants used in ....: part 1. Altern Med Rev 1998 Dec, 3 (6): 410.
- Canetti M, Moreira M, Mas R, Illnait J, Fernandez L, Fernandez J, Diaz E, Castano G. A two-year study on the efficacy and tolerability ..... Int J Clin Res 1995, 15 (4):159-65.
- Menendez R, Fernandez SI, Del Rio A, Gonzalez RM, Fraga V, Amor AM, Mas RM. Policosanol ..... Biol Res 1994, 27 (3-4): 199-203.
Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Please note: Body Language Vitamin Co and/or Michael D. Seidman, MD, FACS reserve all rights to this proprietary information. Any use of this information without the express written consent of BLV Co or Michael D. Seidman, MD is considered a violation of copyright/trademark laws and persons knowingly or unknowingly found guilty of copying or using this information will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.