Filter | Antioxidant Formula : Claims And References
Our claims are based on 30+ years of NIH funded research all backed by science. We don't only say this, we support it. This is why we include a list of references so you can learn more about the powerful health effects of our supplements as well as fact check our claim that our statements can all be scientifically validated.
- This supplement is an extremely potent and highly absorbable formulation that provides enhanced support against free radicals.11,12,13
- The amount of each ingredient was carefully selected to provide the implied benefit based upon careful scientific and clinical studies.
- N-acetyl cysteine is a potent antioxidant supporting the body against free radicals.
- Vitamin E at 400 IU/day has been shown to supplement a healthy heart
- Vitamin C is an outstanding water soluble antioxidant
- Selenium has been show to support the antioxidant function of glutathione S-transferase
- The herbs gotu kola,28,29,30 ginseng31,32,33,34 and ginkgo biloba35 are excellent for maintaining general health 38,39,40 and have the support wellness
- Grape seed extract37 is an outstanding antioxidant and has been shown to be 20 times more powerful than vitamin C and 50 times as powerful as vitamin E.
- Jacobson EL. J Am Coll Nutr 12(4):412-416, 1993.
- Weggemans RM, et al. Factors related to folate and vitamin B12. The SENECA Study. Int J Food Sci Nutr 48(2):141-150, 1997.
- Tell GS, et al. Folate and health - new knowledge and new recommendation. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen, 118(20):3155-3160, 1998.
- Hall J, et al. Folic acid for .... Eur J Pediatr, 157(6):445-450, 1998.
- Cuskelly GJ, et al. Effect of increasing dietary folate on red-cell folate. Lancet, 347(9002):657-659, 1996.
- Sazawal S, et al. Zinc supplementation: a double-blind controlled trial... 102(1:1):1-5, 1998.
- Eby GA. Zinc ion availability - the determinant of efficacy in zinc lozenge. J Antimicrob Chemother 40(4):483-493, 1997.
- Licastro F et al. Oral zinc supplementation Res. 38(2):149-162, 1994.
- Maresh CM, et al. Dietary supplementation and improved anaerobic performance. Int J Sport Nutr 4(4):387-397, 1994.
- Suboticanec K, et al. Effects of pyridoxine and riboflavin supplementation on physical fitness in young adolescents. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 60(1):81-88, 1990.
- Nockels CF. The role of vitamins.., Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract. 4(3):531-542, 1988.
- Chen H and Tappel AL. Protection of Vitamin E, Selenium, Trolox C, Ascorbic acid palmitate, Acetylcysteine, Coenzyme Q-0, Coenzyme Q-10, Beta carotene, Canthaxanthin, and (+)- Catechin. Free Rad Biol Med 18(5): 949-953, 1995.
- Hertog MG, Feskens EJ, Hollman PC, Katan MD, Kromhout D. Dietary Antioxidant Flavonoids an... The Zutphen Elderly Study. Lancet. 342(8878):1007-11, 1993.
- Hallfrisch J, et al. Vitamin A and E intakes and ... concentrations of retinol, beta-carotene, and alpha-tocopherol in men and women of the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging. Am J Clin Nutr. 60(2):176-182, 1994.
- Palmer S. Diet, nutrition, Sci. 9(3-4):283-341, 1985.
- Hemila H. Vitamin C and...: a review of studies with subjects under heavy physical stress. Int J Sports Med. 17(5):379-383, 1996.
- Kasa RM. Vitamin C. Am J Med Technol. 49(1):23-26, 1983.
- Leibovitz B, et al. Ascorbic acid and the immune response. Adv Exp Med Biol. 135:1-25, 1981.
- Potter JD. Beta-Carotene and the role of intervention studies. 114(102):329-331, 1997.
- Mayne ST. Beta-carotene, carotenoids... FASEB J. 10(7):690-701, 1996.
- Vukovic, Laurel. The best herbs for every stage of your life. Natural Health, 27(5); 121-25, 1998.
- Goldenberg RL. Natural Ingredients (in toiletries), Cosmetic Industry. 162(2):26, 1998.
- Petkov, VD, Cao Y, Todorov I, Lazarova M, Getova D, Stancheva S, Alova L. Behavioral effects of stem-leaves extract from panax ginseng C.A. Meyer. Acta Physiologica et Pharmacologica Bulgarica. 18(2): 41-8, 1992.
- Lyubimov II, Borzenkov VM, Chepurnova NE, Chepurnov SA. Effect of a polysaccharide fraction of ginseng root on Learning and memory in rats (using an active escape response as an example). Neuroscience & Behavioral Physiology. 27(5):555-8, 1997.
- Petkov VD, Nosharrof AH. Effects of standardized ginseng extract on learning, memory and physical capabilities. American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 15(1-2): 19-29, 1987.
- Wesnes KA, Faleni RA, Hefting NR, Noogsteen G, Houben JJ, Jenkins E, Jonkman JH, Leonard J, Petrini O, van Lier JJ. The cognitive, subjective, and physical effects of ginkgo biloba/panax ginseng combination in healthy volunteers....Psychopharmacology Bulletin. 33(4): 677-83, 1997.
- Harbige LS. Nutrition and immunity with emphasis.... Nutr Health. 10(4):285-312, 1996.
- Bagchi D, Garg A, Krohn RL, Bagchi M, Bagchi DJ, Balmoori J, Stohs SJ. Protective effects of grape seed proanthocyanidins and selected antioxidants against TPA-induced hepatic and brain lipid peroxidation and DNA fragmentation, and peritoneal macrophage activation in mice. General Pharmacology. 30:771-776, 1998.
- Duke, J. Whoops.... (home remedies for embarrassing physical problems). Natural Health. 27(2):110, 1998.
- Cates, Nancy Dodd. How you can age-proof 40+ skin. Better Nutrition. 59(10):60-64, 1997.
- Brun Eric. Cosmetics and Botanicals as We Approach the Year 2000. Drug and Cosmetic Industry. 162(2):16-21, 1998.
Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Please note: Body Language Vitamin Co and/or Michael D. Seidman, MD, FACS reserve all rights to this proprietary information. Any use of this information without the express written consent of BLV Co or Michael D. Seidman, MD is considered a violation of copyright/trademark laws and persons knowingly or unknowingly found guilty of copying or using this information will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.